Certified Marina Professional (CMP)
CMP is for those working in the marina industry but not directly managing a marina. The benefits include:
- Greater earning potential
- More employment opportunities
- Career advancement
- Job satisfaction and ability
- International professional recognition
To apply you must
- have a minimum of 10 years senior management experience or leadership role, with the last five years up until the time of the application, being within a marina affiliated industry – attach CV
- be an active member of a marine related membership organisation
- have completed the Advanced Marina Managers School within the last two years
- have three letters of reference from current employers, previous employers/client and CMP/CMM
CMP pathway from CMM
Certified Marina Managers, at the conclusion of 10 years of management, are invited to apply for Certified Marina Professional status.
To apply applicants must fulfil the following criteria:
- 10 years or more experience in a senior management or leadership role within the marina affiliated industries.
- Be able to demonstrate professional/technical experience and skills related to the marina industries
Benefits of CMP
Tony Browne CMM, Chairman of the GMI: “The Certified Marina Manager accreditation employs a rigorous set of criteria and a robust application process that ensures candidates have met the high standards required. This results in a very credible accreditation which is immediately recognisable across the industry, providing enhanced employment and career progression opportunities.
“The IMM and AMM courses as a lead up to the CMM application not only deliver a fundamental global overview of marina management best practice, but also open the door to invaluable peer to peer networking opportunities.
“I would strongly encourage anyone looking at furthering their career to start the process by reading the relevant material and enrolling in an IMM course.”