IMM – Intermediate Marina Managers Course, Sydney, Australia 28 July – 1 August 2024
28 July 2024 - 1 August 2024
This intensive four and a half day course is designed for managers and supervisors who have had at least one full year of experience working at this level. It focuses on marina operations, policies and it exposes participants to innovative ways of dealing with issues and challenges, providing development through collaborative engagement and guidance. Providing marina personnel in a leadership position with fast-track training in the critical issues in marinas.
The course is the first step in a career path leading to the globally recognised professional certification (CMO, CMM, CMP).
Marina industry professionals, consultants and Certified Marina Managers share their expertise and knowledge on:
- Emergency Management
- Environmental Management
- Marine Insurance and Legal Issues
- Health and Safety
- Human Resources and Marketing
- Leadership Management
- Marina Industry in the Future
- Marina Site Inspection
*Nautilus Marine Extreme Weather Preparedness (Online) to be completed before attending the course; is included in the course cost.
Benefits & Learning Outcomes
- Lectures by leading experts and industry guest speakers who share their experiences
- Informal roundtable discussions and group work
- Increased marina efficiency and profits
- Field trip to inspect and critique nearby marinas
- Fire and emergency response planning skills
- Effective leadership and personal management
- Networking with peers and colleagues from Australia and overseas
- Innovative ways of dealing with industry challenges
This course prepares marina managers to manage and develop their marina in line with industry recognised best practice management methodologies.
Pre-requisite Experience: 1 year experience as a marina manager or in a supervisory position, 50+ berths. Or 3 years in a leadership position in a marina-affiliated company.
Each day is packed with a range of learning opportunities, including formal classes and lectures, informal discussions, a field trip to nearby marinas, group projects and marina/boatyard industry networking.
This is a residential course.
- MIA Members: AUD $3475 per person (+GST)
- Non-MIA Members: AUD $4750 per person (+GST)
Fees include: 4 nights accommodation, course folder, learning materials, resources and presentation, breakfasts, morning and afternoon teas, lunches, welcome drinks, 2 x evening dinners, and a marina tour.
* Please note that Australian companies will be charged GST in addition to this amount.
To book your place, please contact:
Training and Development Coordinator
Marina Industries Association
Tel: +61 (2) 9439 5806